Monday, July 11, 2011

Its a contest! ...kind of

ball point pen / pencil / photoshop

I've been trying to draw more from life , because my cartoons were getting bland. 
The key to good cartooning is good life drawing!

coffee
You might be thinking, "what the hell is this?"

I wanted to get you guys in on one of my favorite drawing exercises.  Make an arbitrary splatter of paint (or coffee). Then try to find a some sort of face or character inside of it.  (Some of my examples are here, here, here, here, and here.)

Don't be timid!  Take this guy into photoshop and use it as a point to jump off into a wierd (potentially horrible), but interesting drawing! Then show me what you did!

On Friday I will post my drawing and feature a few more that have been submitted.

Also what do you think about the new layout of the blog?  Let me know if you find any problems or broken links.

No comments:

Post a Comment